Doxy Review for Telemedicine & Telehealth
Doxy is a low-cost Telemedicine solution, but that means it’s going to fall short on many features that your healthcare organization is going to need to be successful for the long-term.
The product does appear to be easy to use and their customer support is rated well online. However, there are very few reviews online so it might not be in wide use yet.
Notable areas where Doxy falls short of being a long-term, viable solution for a successful Telemedicine strategy for your healthcare organization:
- No scheduling or patient scheduling – this is a huge feature limitation.
- Limited group conferencing – this is limited to 3, which probably wouldn’t support group therapy or other group applications.
- Zero integration – this solution isn’t going to interface with your EHR or PMS.
- Esignature – if you need any documents signed, patients would still need to come in to do that.
- No other forms or clinical assessments – patients would have to come into an office for that. Finding HIPAA compliant solutions to handle forms are very expensive.
- Limited support and after-hours support – who on your staff wants to provide tech support to patients if they have trouble connecting?
- No automated testing – this means patients will have trouble connecting to their visits.
- Limited mobile support – iOS only… not going to work as many patients only have access to mobile or prefer to connect via mobile.
- No messaging – asynchronous support is non-existent.
Ultimately, there are better products available out there that will support you long-term and don’t cost that much more.
We hope you enjoyed the Doxy review and we wish you great success if modernizing care for your patients and clients.
Doxy Editor rating as a Telehealth solution: